Tuesday, August 2, 2016

30-day Harry Potter Writing Challenge - Day 1: Discuss the start ofyour journey to the Wizarding World.

Ah! I love this. I can't believe I'm actually doing this... And I have to start before I ran out of words...

We'll go down memory lane... Ready? Here goes...



Year 2001, when I fell in love with an 11-year-old Daniel Radcliffe on the big screen. Boy, I was smitten to say the least! Well, this should be a different topic; but that's when my journey to the Wizarding World started, at the end of the first movie adaptation, I was in awe... It's like a whole new world! Magical, enchanting and promising.

I've loved the Sorcerer's Stone not just because of the story and young Dan, but also because it's the best movie (that sticks) that I've watched with my mama, my papa and little brother. I can still remember how my mama was so amazed with the moving staircases at Hogwarts! It was priceless. At the end credits of the movie, I can still remember how my papa was pulling me out of the cinema already and yet my eyes are still glued on the screen. I knew I found the boy I want to marry (yes, it's Dan.. Just my Dan). Anyways, when I got home that day, I've found myself agitatedly wishing for next year to pass by quickly so that I can watch the 2nd film!

Waiting... Was not my thing.. So, I busied myself with the Harry Potter books that my Ninong sent me. It has been in my grandmother's house years before I see the Sorcerer's Stone in the movie house. I'm not a keen reader as a child, little did my young mind knows that it can take me to different places, dimensions even, a different world, sometimes my own and introduce me to different people and creatures. If only I've known, I would've start early on. Although, I don't think I'm late... I did grew up with Harry; and I think it was just the right timing.

See, I was NEVER a fan of reading. Harry Potter made me read, and life has never been the same. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the first ever book that I read from pages to pages; and then, the rest followed suit. Of course, every Potterhead in the world would agree with me on this, once is never enough; I've read it countless of times already. And I'm planning to read it again. It used to be a yearly tradition but... Adult life interferes. SMH.

Yay! So that's it. That's the start of my journey to the Wizarding World. It continues until now of course, and I won't end it. If Harry Potter made me read as a child, it made me write as an adult. I've been battling with writer's block for almost two years now; but the Cursed Child was released and here I am... Doing my passion (writing), for the love of all that's Harry Potter-ey.












Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (n.d.). Retrieved August 02, 2016, from http://www.warnerbros.com/harry-potter-and-sorcerers-stone


No comments:

Post a Comment